Ok, here’s your checklist/setup list.
1. Setup an account with Hootsuite. Load this app on your iphone/make a login!
You may need to verify this in your email (look for something from hootsuite). This of course assumes you have a Twitter account,, do that too.
This is step 1 to Jedi social-media-ness.
Load your twitter, facebook, and linked in items (I don’t have these logins but will do this if needed).
2. Log into your twitter account, then click here http://klout.com/
Use your twitter login to sync up your klout account. This is a good way to see how you rank. It’s a good reference and there are some decent perks occasionally here. You only need login to twitter first to link to klout.
3. Other items to link to Klout.com
google + (use this)
youtube (for firstname.lastname@example.org account)
foursquare load this app on your iphone/make a login!(Get the app, set it up on your phone, use it occasionally when you go cool places, no big whup).
Do you use last.fm? If so, link that.
Instagram load this app on your iphone/make a login! (that’d be really good for you to use, it makes great pictures better and shares them well)
This will let you track where you are roughly in terms of social media and provide a little feedback for your own work (Hootsuite does this a bit too). You need to know what you’re doing and if you’re generating any message traction.
4. You need to identify what you’re doing and why.
A. Publicizing your site?
B. Publicizing your work?
C. Exposing yourself.
D. All of the above
E. Forming a social media hub to promote A and B
F. is the first letter in Fred. Know it, Love it.
5. We’ll need to plan a true home for your work. I tend to rely on self hosted wordpress blogs for a couple reasons, mostly because they’re fairly easily customized, and extended. IF you want to be lazier, a wordpress.com hosted blog works fine, bt it won’t shove over to a self hosted entirely. It’s best to start with your own blog. It’s a good standard and can be extended easily. If you just want to share pictures, use Tumblr.com and be done with it.
6. Password management use this https://lastpass.com/ setup the plugins for your browser of choice. I recommend chrome because of the extensions and the fact that you use gmail. it makes it far more magical (sorry Chris). If you do that (use Chrome). Add the following, Rapportive.com (it makes gmail magic). Add the hootsuite plugin and bookmarklet as well (you can find them by logging into Hootsuite). The bookmarklet allows you to click on any link and post it to any of your social media connections and even schedule it’s posting to the time of your choosing.
That should be enough to blow your mind quickly. Call me when this gets confusing or anything. These actions should take you about 40 minutes by the time you realize what they are and log in to them/write them. More after that.
7. Here are some iphone camera kit grouping data note the items in bold below are the ones I’d go with (best bang for the buck)
4 in 1 Camera Lens Kit for Apple iPhone 4 (8X Black Telephoto Lens, Fish Eye Lens, Wide Angle + Micro Lens) Plus Tripod and Hard Case
This kit has a full system with the magnetic base and cover, however it was pricier than the others.
tripod mount cover for iphone
Here’s a cool 3d way to do things (gotta use their app, but it’s a staggering effect)
Yup, this is a full slr lens mount for your iphone
This is the photojojo kit I’d get
HEre’s a cute little snap on flash (not a bad idea for the $)
A quickie tripod mount for any tripod (will snap to a quick release hotshoe to fit in anything)
Last the joby has feet that ARE magnetic like I mentioned so you could move the whole thing and re-stick it wherever you wanted (have it planned tested first).