I’ve got a bunch of little items in my pack that I need to carry around that are just plain bugging me. So what’d I do, I slammed them together. I simply cut out the foam to fit the items I carry (yes I trimmed down the size of the original square shipper to fit in my bag better. Oh, and I put my business card on the other side! Now, it doesn’t get lost, and if it does, it can find me (though everything is easily replaceable). It’s just a little hack (sometimes I don’t enjoy that word, but it’s effective.)
I hope that makes you want to chop something up, fix something, or make a quick change on a product of your own to make a more effective use of your own materials and resources.
Tools: X-acto #11 blade, Straight Edge, Elmer’s glue